Can you help us change the world?
Yes, you read that correctly. It sounds grand, but we’ve got big ideas at Mews. We’re transforming the world of hospitality, re-imagining the industry with a best-in-class cloud-based property management solution for hotels, hostels, apartments, and so much more.
We’re on the lookout for ambitious, tenacious and passionate people who want to join the next generation of innovators and disrupt the hospitality industry with us. Sound good so far? If you’re a Customer Support Representative, keep reading and tumble down the Mews rabbit hole...
About the role
First things first: you want to know what you’re actually applying for. It’s impossible to capture every nuance of a role – especially at a rapidly growing company like Mews – but if we had to distil it down to a job description (which we do, because this is a job description), it would be this:
We’re looking for a Customer Support pro to join our European team at our hub in Prague or remotely from a European country where we have an entity in (ie Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Germany, France, Spain). This role requires a unique combination of people skills and tech savvy as you will be speaking/messaging/emailing with clients and helping them navigate any challenges they have with our hospitality cloud. It's a unique opportunity where you will learn a ton and gain invaluable experience in a tech company with a start up vibe.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Mews’ solutions, serving as an ambassador to our customers, ensuring they are achieving great value from our products
- Provide exceptional support for customers on technical issues via messaging, email and phone
- Consult with customers proactively on ways to improve usage and efficiency
- Become familiar with all integrated partner solutions to ensure that we match up the best-connected solutions based on customer needs
- Build and retain rapport with appointed “Mews person” at customer sites
- Maintain thorough customer documentation
- Continuously improve internal knowledge base
You’ll be a great fit if you bring a few of the below with you:
- Experience in hotel operations
- Professional experience in customer support
- Native or fluent in English and Dutch
- Higher Education preferably in Hotel Management / IT / Business
- Ability to take feedback, learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- We love collaboration and ideas so being able to share fresh ideas and suggestions in order to move the company forward is key
- Outgoing, social, ready to communicate with employees, customers and partners across different countries and different organisational levels
- A genuine interest in innovative software and disruptive tech
- Highly structured and organised
- Permission to work in the country in which you will work (Czech Republic, Netherlands, UK)
- Willingness to work in shifts as we support our customers around the globe 24/7
What’s in it for you?
Did you know that Mews was voted the Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech in 2021? You do now. Most of that is down to our inspiring team, but part of it is because of some pretty amazing perks. As well as awesome colleagues and stimulating work, you'll get:
- Company shares
- Unlimited holiday (no, this is not a typo)
- Health and wellness plans
- Flexible Benefits via Ben Platform
- Remote/flexible working
- Regular team events, socials and a legendary annual company gathering, Mews Con (the only con that’s actually a pro)
Who is Mews?
We want to get to know you, so it’s only fair we tell you a little bit about ourselves first. We were founded in 2012 by a team of former hoteliers, and since then we’ve been transforming hospitality for both hotel staff and guests.
Essentially, Mews is a powerful software platform that acts as a central nervous system for hotels, hostels, apartments and more. We use smart tech and automation to make day-to-day operations easier for hoteliers, so they can focus on the thing that really matters: providing remarkable guest experiences.
More than 2,000 properties across 60+ countries are powered by Mews, with more joining every week. Bookings, payments, operations, guest management – everything a hotel needs to operate can be done through our solution. We work with some amazing hotels, including Sage Hospitality Group, Machefert Group, The Student Hotel, and Tsogo Sun Hotels.
Life at Mews
That’s what we do, but what about who we are? Mews’ culture is special and difficult to capture in words, which makes writing this tricky. You'll experience the freedom to be yourself and the ability to watch your ideas come to life. You’ll have an open line of communication and an open invitation to after-work drinks, be they virtual or in-person. Sometimes the work can be challenging and there can be a lot of it, but you’ll always be able to rely on those around you.
Yes, we’re ambitious and we move fast, but we know the value of fun and taking a breather. Every month we have a Wellness Wednesday, a day off that you can use to boost your health, whether that’s a long lie-in, a trip to the gym, or anything in between. We have slack channels for almost every interest imaginable, and an all-company meeting every Friday gives you the chance to ask any question to our leadership team. Oh, and we love our pets. To get more of an idea what life at Mews is like (and to see dozens of cute cats, dogs, and hamsters), check out our Instagram.
We’re guided by our five key values; if you see yourself in them, it’s time to get in touch.
We truly believe that great technology can make the entire human experience better.
We’re tough. The workload might be heavy, but with one foot in front of the other, we can handle an intensity workout.
We’re innately curious. We read, we discover, we ask questions, we challenge assumptions, and we’re obsessed with the word ‘why’.
We’re an open book. We share our work and experiences with one another, as well as our community.
You can’t take risks if you’re afraid to fail. We all make mistakes. The key is to learn, get feedback and improve.
Everyone is welcome at Mews
This part is straightforward. We’re an equal opportunity employer and truly value diversity within our company. We never have and never will discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status – or anything else for that matter.
Think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship? If you’d like to know more about us and what we do, check out mews.com. Otherwise, spruce up your CV and apply. We can’t wait to hear from you.